Probus is an association for senior members of the community; and for those no longer working full time, to join together for a new lease of life,.
Its basic purpose is to:
- advance intellectual and cultural interests amongst adult persons;
- provide regular opportunities to progress healthy minds and active bodies through social interaction and activities, expand interests and to enjoy the fellowship of new friends.
The Combined Probus Club of Manningham warmly invites you to attend our club meetings which are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 10.00am at the above address.
We are sure you will find our members to be very welcoming and friendly; our purpose is to enjoy friendship, fellowship and fun in retirement.
Each general meeting is followed by morning tea and a guest speaker from a wide variety of organisations/interest groups. These meetings are followed by lunch at either a local restaurant or hotel.
We have a monthly newsletter, outlining the various activities with photographs showing members enjoying themselves.
There are many activities you can join in with – these include:
- monthly dine-outs enjoyed by many members to various local restaurants;
- theatre outings to the latest shows;
- day outings to various places of interest, either self drive or bus, followed by a lunch;
- walking group – fortnightly walks at various venues, followed by morning tea or sometimes lunch;
- tours – either intra or interstate or overseas;
- cycling group on Thursdays and Sundays;
- puzzle,DVD/VCR and book swap where members can borrow, donate or swap.
Remember – Retirement – Everybody’s doing it but Manningham Probus members do it better!
Only one way to find out come along to one of our meetings, you would be more than welcome!